Fire guts AIT studio

0
1519

BY SAMSON FOLARIN

Tragedy was averted on Monday morning after fire engulfed the studio of the African Independent Television, Lagos State.

Our correspondent learnt that the fire started at 9am after an air conditioner in the studio was affected by high voltage electricity.

Men of the Lagos State Fire Service from Agege, Ikeja and Alausa divisions were said to have been mobilised to the scene around 9.30amin three water trucks.

Director of Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said his men arrived the scene 15 minutes after it got a call.

He said it took another 15 minutes to put out the fire.

He said, “The fire was caused by high voltage. We arrived at the scene at 9.30am and we spent about 15 minutes for active firefighting operations.

“Only the AC was badly damaged as we were able to curtail the spread of the fire. The management of the station had also combatted it and they must be commended for having all the fire equipment.”

Fadipe advised residents of the state to be safety conscious, adding that, although the harmattan period was over, the atmosphere is now warm which could also support fire.

 

Leave a Reply