Fire Guts Senate President’s House


The residence of Senate President, Bukola Saraki at Mallam area in Abuja was today, Friday gutted by fire.

It was learnt that some residents of the sprawling edifice raised the alarm when they noticed a heavy smoke inside the gymnasium of the senate president.

A resident told our correspondent that the attention of the officials of the fire service were drawn to the incident around 10:05am and that they quickly mobilised themselves there to put the fire under control.

Confirming the incident to our correspondent, the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Yusuph Olaniyonu, said the incident was caused by an electric spark from one of the air conditioners in the gymnasium of his principal.

He explained that Saraki had been duly informed of the incident, adding that nobody was injured in the process.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here